At a Bus Stop 在公交车站
Woman: We couldn’t ask for a better day, could we?没有比这更好的天气了,是不是?
Man: I know. There isn't a cloud in the sky. I love this time of year.对的。万里无云,我喜欢每年的这个时候。
Woman: Me too. The cherry blossoms are beautiful, you think?我也是。樱花很美,对吧?
Man: They sure are. But I heard he is calling for rain all weekend.没错。但我听说周末都要下雨。
Woman: Really? Oh well. I have to work all weekend anyway. I'm a doctor.真的吗?哦。反正我整个周末都得工作。我是个医生。
Man: Wow. I'm sure you make good money with that diamond watch you have on.哇。我肯定你用你这个金刚钻挣了不少钱。
Woman: Ah, this bus seems to be running late. How long of a wait is it already?这辆公共汽车好像要晚点了。等了多久了?
Man: I've been here for at least fifteen minutes now.我已经在这里待了至少15分钟了。
Woman: Where are you heading today?你要去哪里?
Man: Actually, I'm going to the City Hall to cast my vote for mayor.事实上,我要去市政厅投票给市长。
Woman: Oh, what a coincidence. So am I! Here comes a bus now.哦,太巧了。我也是!有辆车来了。
Man: Oh good. Wait, that's not the bus we want. That bus goes downtown.哦,好。等等,那不是我们等的车。那辆车去市中心。
Woman: Well, it looks like we'll be waiting a little longer. I guess, I'll use this time to catch up on my reading.嗯,看来我们要再等一会儿。我想,我可以利用这个时间读会书。
Man: I love reading. Right now I'm reading a Stephen King book. 我喜欢阅读。我正在读一本史蒂芬·金的书。
tips:
①We couldn’t ask for a better day, could we? 这是一个反义疑问句,“没有比这更好的天气了,不是吗?”。
②I heard he is calling for rain all weekend. “我听说一整个周末都要下雨。”句中的he指的是the weather,这里用了拟人化的手法。
③I'm sure you make good money with that diamond watch you have on. “我相信你肯定用你这块金刚钻赚了不少钱”。这里用了比喻的手法,diamond watch并不是指“钻石手表”,而应该是我们常说的“金刚钻”,即“某种专业的技能”。
④cast vote for “为……投票”。
⑤I'll use this time to catch up on my reading. “我要用这段时间补上我的阅读”,catch up on“补上”。You should get out your English books and catch up on your reading assignments.
(你该去把英文课本拿出来,补上你的阅读作业。)
友情链接:
福建小吃培训学校 重庆小面培训 惠州装修 学厨网 深圳小吃培训学校 小吃培训 东莞小吃培训学校 上海小吃培训学校 浙江小吃培训学校 江苏小吃培训学校 重庆小吃培训学校 深圳厨师培训学校 深圳现卤现捞培训学校 广州小吃培训学校 外卖餐饮培训学校 佛山小吃培训学校 中山小吃培训学校 惠州小吃培训学校 现卤现捞培训中心 奶茶培训学校 江门小吃培训学校 重庆烤鱼培训学校 炭火烧烤培训学校 桂林米粉培训学校 麻辣烫培训学校 川渝火锅培训学校